AdColor Future Conference, by Amber Jackson, BIC Class of 2015



Life changing doesn’t even begin to describe my experience as a 2014 AdColor Future. Yes a fully paid trip to sunny Los Angeles, CA was great but the real highlights of the AdColor Future’s Program came from the week long experience.

The opportunity to learn and bond with forty of the top emerging multicultural professionals in the communications industry was enlightening. Their stories and advice gave me inspiration to apply to my current job and my growing career.

I had access and exposure to some of the most successful, senior level executives in the industry. Often inaccessible, I had the opportunity to network and set into motion the beginnings of new opportunities, partnerships, mentorships and more.

Education was also integral to the AdColor Future’s experience. Through the efficacy training I learned how to navigate industry issues faced by multicultural talent and forward my career through network building. Attending the conference gave me insight into some of the best work, insights and people in communications.

The most exciting experience for me was winning the first ever AdColor Futures’ case study competition and speaking at the AdColor Futures Speak Out panel at the conference. Through this opportunity I had the chance to share the multicultural millenial’s point of view of advertising and the future of the industry.


Finishing the week with the award show and after party celebration was an unforgettable experience. Both events were formal, glamorous and unlike any event I’ve attended during my time in the advertising industry. Following that week, I came back to New York City and my job motivated and refreshed. I took the chance to share my experience back with my agency and specifically how diversity efforts could be increased internally and externally. Since then I’ve been invited to join the agency’s new diversity council.

I’m excited to continue the AdColor future motto Rising Up. Reach Back. Through my own personal efforts, I plan to assist in the goal to make communications a more inclusive industry.

Popular posts from this blog

Brand Film Awards and Workshop 2020 | Starley J Sandez

AdWeek 2018, 1 Year Later | William Howard

2020 Adobe MAX Conference | Shadiq Williams