The LAGRANT Foundation Scholarship Experience

As a first-generation college student, I believe that I am able to be my own success story. The LAGRANT Foundation Scholarship has given me the opportunity to be around like-minded individuals who are pursuing their dreams in the advertising, marketing, and public relations fields. I was fortunate enough to get the chance to network with industry professionals who are extremely engaging and open to giving me insight into their successful career paths.
As a recipient of this year’s TLF scholarship, I experienced three full days of professional development meetings with different professionals from companies, including WE Communications, HP Inc., W2O Group and more. Furthermore, I have made life-long connections with other scholarship recipients who are also passionate about communications. I am realizing my true passion, which affirms my desire to tell stories that connect people through strategic communication, creativity, and relationship building. 

Most importantly, diversity and inclusion is now my mission in order to create change and it has been humbling to meet individuals that are on the forefront of creating real change by investing in the future of the industry. For two decades now, the Foundation has been investing into the future of minority representation in the industry, and I am so fortunate to be a part of this amazing network. I look forward to bringing my experiences into my future career and academics, and I cannot thank The LAGRANT Foundation enough for providing me this opportunity.

Chairman and CEO, Kim Hunter and recipient, Kelvin Morales

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Adobe MAX Conference | Shadiq Williams

AdWeek 2018, 1 Year Later | William Howard

Brand Film Awards and Workshop 2020 | Starley J Sandez