Master of Storytelling and Influence

Telling the story is the most important part of effective communication:

No matter what you are communicating, you have to be able to tell the story, in order for the information to be delivered and received effectively, and this seminar shared a variety of methods to choose from.


Led by Chris Bacon, EVP of Research and Innovation at the ARF, this two-part program taught:

  • The importance of storytelling
  • The elements of a great story
  • Useful methods to tell a compelling story

All points that are very useful to me in my career. As a PR practitioner, I am required to be a natural born storyteller. I have to take whatever information I have, integrate in trend and relevant points, and make it impossible to be ignored. I have to make it interesting while sticking to the mantra of:


Short. Simple. To The Point





Understanding the importance of these factors, and being able to reference them in my day-to-day task has already improved my writing as well as my thought-process.

If I could share one key learning, that would be to intensify the beginning of your story, the lead in is the hook and starting off strong will be the determining factor of whether or not the reader/receiver will get to the next paragraph.


Happy Storytelling!

Popular posts from this blog

2020 Adobe MAX Conference | Shadiq Williams

Brand Film Awards and Workshop 2020 | Starley J Sandez

AdWeek 2018, 1 Year Later | William Howard